Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Visit from Ben: Day Two

Up bright and early to catch a plane to Marseilles...Ben is not a morning person...


But - a nap on the plane and after getting briefly lost, no one's fault...we found the lovely side of Marseille!


We were good and hungry by the time we reached vieux port, since we had been walking for quite a while at this point (I want to reinforce it was no one's fault) so we decided to treat ourselves to what looked like a very nice restaurant...and so proceeded a very indulgent meal...




Pichets - rosé for me, rouge for Ben.


Tomato and mozarella salad for me...pesto was involved...it was dreamy...


I don't think we ever fully worked out what it was that Ben had...but underneath this crusty pastry was baked chèvre...I tried a bit and it was yum! Or, as the French say, miam!


Benjamin had the sesame encrusted salmon as a main...


And I had pork...and oh my god...if this pork were a man, I'd marry it. And have delicious pork babies - it was incredible. I was very audible with my eating.


Ben's dessert...


My dessert...


After this meal we decided to walk around and do some exploring of the good side of Marseille...it was crazy windy though!


Strong enough to knock over a scooter!


We didn't have oodles of time, which was fine by us since there wasn't too much to see in Marseilles really - well, not that we were aware of! We didn't really do our research and kind of assumed there'd be a beach of some kind...so we headed off to meet our ride to Carpentras...taking a few pics on our way back to the station.



No comments:

Post a Comment