Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Film Review: Brothers


How did this number slip below the radar? I admit, I found it because I was going through a bit of a Natalie Portman phase (going through - I'm totally still in love with her), and I saw this on her imdb list. A movie with Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllenhaal? I want to get involved with this.

So I bought the DVD about a year ago now, and finally got round to watching it and absolutely adored it! I was totally involved in it. It's not got a huge story line so if you're someone who can't stand a 'slow' film - give it a miss. It's mainly about the characters.

I don't want to say too much about what it's about but Tobey Maguire plays Captain Sam Cahill who goes to the war in Afghanistan, Natalie Portman is his wife, Jake Gyllenhaal is his brother (oooh, now the title makes sense) recently released from prison.

I have to say I really enjoyed the storyline, and the performances are amazing. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment