Thursday, October 18, 2012

Barcelona!

Welcome to Hotel Kate - where she'll make you feel entirely at home, bend over backwards to make you welcome and be the ultimate awesome friend.


All the essentials were provided for me!


I even got a room all to myself with a TV (she knows me well). I was so overwhelmed by Kate's gorgeous villa, I had to take some pictures of it so that everyone would understand just how amazing it is!



I fell a little bit in love with the kitchen with it's red appliances and brick wall on one side...


A touch of England!


And she knows how to put a smile on your face!


About now you're thinking, wow, this place is amazing...well, here is the pièce de résistance...


Bliss!


The first day I spent there we went to Parc Guell - it was immense!


Beautiful Kate and her beautiful daughter. Now, I'm not a kids person. Sue me, I don't know what to do with them, never have. But, I'd make an exception for Imogen. I didn't do the 'kids' thing with her, like I said, I can't do it, but I could quite happily hang out with this exceptionally bright, and loveable 4 year old.


And Kate didn't object to me referring to her as 'dude' - so me and Immy got along just fine.



The park was amazing as well, I completely recommend it, it's in all the films set in Barcelona.




We did plenty of chilling...though I was a little excited when she told there was Primark in Barcelona!


I should explain that I know Kate from work, we're actually work colleagues and when I moved to Paris, she moved to Barcelona...but, when we did work together in the Maidenhead office (only slightly less glamorous) we were both guilty of the odd indulgent breakfast bap of bacon and mushrooms. Well, Kate, legend that she is, bought in stuff to recreate this...


Oh my god, it was heaven!


And this was our Monday off...


Whoop! Thanks again for having me Kate - you are awesome! 

1 comment: