Saturday, October 27, 2012

Introducing Chris, Jenn and Sarah

OK...these guys are my oldest friends so I either refer to them as that, or as my crazy friends, since there is never a dull moment with these guys. When they said they were all booking to come stay with me in Paris...I immediately thought...oh good god, this is going to be insane.

I wasn't wrong.



They arrived in the evening so we had something quick for dinner...a few bottles of wine, and then headed out.


I won't be making another appearance here for a while now - I am too frequent a visitor!






Much fun was had and we found ourselves hailing a taxi in the early hours of the morning.

The plan for Saturday was to go to Versailles - we found ourselves heading there in the afternoon...



After our tour around the palace itself we walked through the gardens, heading for the trianon.







We had to leave before the castle closed and it was getting late - we headed out to Montmartre for dinner...and a place you've seen before.


You just gotta love melted cheese...or apparently you don't because Sarah wasn't actually that big a fan. I'm convinced she'd like my fondu though, as I've said before, Refuge des fondus doesn't make the best fondu but it's still a fun place.



It was getting late by the time we finished but we decided to head to Pigalle for a drink...and our early night turned into...well, not such an early night.





Suffice to say...we didn't get to bed until half four...good early night then guys.

The next morning was a bit of a rush - there were things still to do and the guys were sadly headed home at 7.

Jenn wanted to go to La Durée. I'd never been there and only recently discovered how much I love macaroons, so we all happily headed to the most prestigious pâtisserie in Paris, the Champs Elysée branch.



But all too soon we were back at Gare du Nord saying goodbye. It took me two days to get enough sleep to recover from that weekend, but it was completely and utterly worth it. There is plenty of talk of a second visit next year...I hope we organise it!




n.b. some of the pictures are my friend Chris' but they were so good I had to steal them for this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment