Friday, November 9, 2012

Film Review: The Paperboy

This is exactly the sort of film that's hard to see in England because it's so different from mainstream cinema that it usually doesn't get a lot of advertising or cinema time and passes by unnoticed. I love the Parisian cinema scene since they show a massive variety of films and they're usually available to watch for up to 8 weeks. I'd already read about The Paperboy so when I saw it was out in the cinema I made plans to see it, not knowing exactly what to expect, but knowing it was going to be weird...

(imdb pic)

Now personally, I really enjoyed this film. It held my attention and was never dull, plenty going on! It's not going to be for everyone though since the content is a little strange...I don't want to give too much away because I think it's a brilliant film to watch not really having any idea what to expect. The performances are good though and I like Zac Efron appearing in a film SO removed from his High School Musical days. However, John Cusack really steals the show.

(imdb pic)
Absolutely incredible performance. Four popcorns out of five...I won't rush out to buy it on DVD but I'll probably watch it again at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment