Thursday, January 24, 2013

Film Review: Django Unchained (2012)

What can I say? If you haven't seen it, go see it. The film is a massive 2 hour and 45 minute commitment but it is unlikely you'll sit there thinking, God is it going to end soon?

I do enjoy Tarantino's films, though sometimes think he can push it too far and purely for shock value (am I the only one that thought the gimp bit in Pulp Fiction was entirely unnecessary?) but I think this film was just pure awesomeness. There's obviously violence but it's not toooo extreme, by Tarantino standards anyway, I looked away a couple of times but that's it.

What I loved about this film was that it was funnier than previous Tarantino films. I'm not going to ruin any bits but I spent a whole lot of time laughing at this movie. Go, enjoy.

It's a five out of five on my self-created popcorn scale and imdb.com recognising excellence with 8.7 at time of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment