Thursday, January 17, 2013

London Baby! - Part One

I don't know if it's been obvious with my countless film reviews but lately, I've been taking it easy. Trips to the cinema have been the extent of my outings and a chilled drink with friends the other day but generally, when I'm in Paris, I don't do a whole lot of strenuous activity. This is what I love and hate about Paris. In London, I was non-stop, it was constant, dance classes, kickboxing, running, dinners, cinema trips and nights out...I honestly couldn't have stayed in to watch a film if I tried!

Anyway, there's a very good reason I was taking it easy - I have just returned from a week long trip to London where I literally did not have a day to sit and chill...except the day that I did...but anyway. Here's my crazy week...


Two seconds I was dragging this beast before I decided I was definitely taking a taxi as opposed to a metro to the station...arrive in London late Tuesday, not exciting, tea then bed. Wednesday was my first day back in my UK office (delightful town of Maidenhead)...

 We used to be a huge team but now it's just Janet (background) and Kiran in the UK. I brought back a galette des rois - whoever finds the figurine has to wear the crown! Wednesday night was a dance class with Faye which was then a quick drink...which turned into a fair amount of drinks...

 Oddly, or not so oddly I suppose, I've developed a taste for French wine, so some of the Australian/Chilean ones Steph and I put away were a bit fruity for my liking....not that it stopped me drinking half a bottle and a large glass...which leads me to Thursday.

January Week in London 2013
It all went so wrong on Thursday. The plan was to get an early night. Some cocktails in Thirst bar. Followed by DELICIOUSNESS at Kettners.

January Week in London 2013
I think I had pork...

January Week in London 2013
A rather blurry me had wine...

January Week in London 2013
Sarah's delicious steak!

January Week in London 2013
And delicious Sarah...or not. And that's how Jenn always sits to eat dinner. So, a lovely meal then an early night. This was the plan...so how the hell did we end up here...

January Week in London 2013
This would be my first trip to G-A-Y...and my God, was it awesome!

January Week in London 2013
Yep, pretty much.

January Week in London 2013
HA! Far too much fun for a Thursday night!

London week to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment