Thursday, January 10, 2013

Père Lachaise


It's going to sound a little strange, but my favourite tourist place in Paris, may well be it's famous cemetery, Père Lachaise.

Pere LaChaise
Most people know it for housing Jim Morrison's grave or Oscar Wilde's, it's also the burial site of Edith Piaf and Chopin, but on this gray, overcast Sunday, I decided to wander around the rest of the cemetery and skip the 'popular' graves. I have to say the memorials to those who died during the Second World War are phenomenal.

Pere LaChaise

Pere LaChaise

Pere LaChaise
There were other graves too that I particularly liked. And I definitely think it's worth a visit if you're going to Paris. It's very peaceful, you only come across chatting people every now and again, and it's a nice walk, unless you're not such a big fan of graveyards...you weirdo.

Pere LaChaise

Pere LaChaise

Pere LaChaise

No comments:

Post a Comment