Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow Day

So the snow hit Europe about the same time...Paris got it bad the evening after the morning London got it. I was not happy. And, to be honest, I had no plans to leave the house. I hate snow. It's cold, wet and slippery. There is no better excuse for staying in bed and watching films...however, it did occur to me I was probably missing out on some lovely 'Paris in the snow' pictures. So, when Sophie said her and Sol were going to go to Pere Lachaise, I thought, fine.

Snow Day Jan 2012
Ooh, a snow covered metro sign. I have to admit, I didn't care.

Snow Day Jan 2012
Snow is treacherous...and I didn't trust my boots on them...with good cause as well, as I did a near-fall a couple of times.

Snow Day Jan 2012
Throw a snowball half-heartedly...

Snow Day Jan 2012
OK - we're done. Pere Lachaise was closed cos the snow made it too 'glissant' for us not-so-sure-footed pedestrians. We did the second best cultural thing we could do.

Snow Day Jan 2012
A long lunch with wine. Ah, the French do some things right! Turns out there's a fantastic little restaurant across the way from me called La Factorie.

Snow Day Jan 2012
I can't seem to find a website but it's just across the road from the pere lachaise metro stop. I can confirm they do a hell of a burger.

Snow Day Jan 2012
And a lurvely creme brulée!

Snow Day Jan 2012
Not to mention it's clearly a popular place with the locals...


That was enough snow for me for one day! Me and Sophie ran back to my house for dry socks, warm tea and Dreamgirls. THAT'S how you deal with snow people!

No comments:

Post a Comment