Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chris' Visit Part Five: Eiffel Tower

So, after the sewer museum, feeling thoroughly cold and being in Isobel's area, we went for a drink.

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013

And then, another drink...

Chris Weekend Paris March 2013

This was le dernier metro - which is a bar I used to live very near to but only just been there for an actual drink, which is a shame, cos it's a really nice little bar.

chris photo

Chris Weekend Paris March 2013
After this we were very surprised to find out that the Eiffel Tower was actually allowing people to the top since Chris has been a bit cursed with the 'sommet' being perpetually closed on his visits. Clearly no one warned them he was coming.

chris photo

Chris photo
Chris photo

Chris took countless amazing pictures from the top but I've just picked a few. It was a foggy night but views were still spectacular. And Chris bought us champagne - whoop!

Chris Weekend Paris March 2013

When in Paris!

Chris photo

Chris Weekend Paris March 2013
After much picture taking, Chris and I dragged ourselves in search of a restaurant that was still serving after 10...we managed to find one....and I'm still gutted I didn't take a picture of this cake that I had but I've since learnt the name of it and damn it, I will FIND a French bakery in London and this cake and I shall be together once more! It's called a moelleux chataigne...and it is gooey decadence.

chris photo
We found this little 'passage' for dinner, lots of really quaint restaurants...it's off boulevard poissonière and google maps seems to be telling me it's called passage jouffroy or passage des panoramas...they're open late! Chris and I sat down at 11 and left just after midnight. We had plenty to do the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment