Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chris' Visit Part One: New York Cafe Karaoke

We just did far too much to cram it all into one post - plus, the next week or so is going to be a little dull as I'm doing packing bits in preparation for my return home! So, Chris arrived Thursday night and we did...nothing. It was late (ish) and I had work on Friday so I cooked us a half decent meal, oh wait, it's was burgers! I cooked us an amazing meal and bed. Friday was...karaoke.

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Right, should I be offended that right before this picture was taken Alicia shouted 'Do a Nichola!' - I didn't think that was one of my poses!! But, the evidence speaks for itself, and scarily they both did it without pause so... I need to watch my pictures from now on!

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Our little group of girls love a good karaoke. So, not surprisingly, Alicia was first up!

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013

Chris does not sing at karaoke, and I've long since given up on it. He'll sometimes sing along to Beatles Rockband if he's playing drums/guitar and not paying attention, but that's as good as it gets. He did though, actually enjoy his evening. It was a Brit Meetup so was a good, friendly crowd.

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013

And we met this couple who, it turned out, had been to the same baseball game in San Francisco that we had! Quelle cowinkydink!

Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
Chris Paris Weekend March 2013
And we'll end on that picture of me taking karaoke too seriously and groping myself in public... We left respectably before we'd had one too many Long Island Ice Teas and weren't hungover for the next day, which was damn lucky....

In case you fancy karaoke in Paris we went to Cafe New York on rue mouffetard - but keep an eye for a Brit event here since if you go on a standard night you may be out numbered by French people singing French songs and your requests will get 'lost' - which happened to us one night :-(

1 comment:

  1. Buenas, enhorabuena por el blog, me gustarĂ­a intercambiar enlaces contigo y que nos sigamos mutuamente.
    Un enorme saludo desde http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    Hi, congratulations on the blog, I would like to exchange links with you and we follow each other.
    A huge greeting from http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete