Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Barcelona II

When you have a friend in another country, it is such a fantastic excuse to jet off for a visit - 'I totally HAVE to go to Barcelona, I haven't seen Kate in aaaaages!'

Barcelona June 2013
We grabbed some breakfast after dropping Immy off at school...the Spanish do sweet croissants, very strange...but enjoyable!

Barcelona June 2013
Then we caught a play - songs from Disney - how awesome!

Barcelona June 2013
Imogen rocked the crocodile look.

Barcelona June 2013
Gorgeous like her Mum!

Barcelona June 2013

That evening we hit up a tapas bar - yum yum!

Barcelona June 2013
Enjoyed with a nice glass of rosé...I asked for red but hey, it was hot enough that I didn't mind the swap! Cold rosé on a hot day is luxurious!

Barcelona June 2013
Then we hit the arcade! Immy had a bounce while I thrashed Kate at ice hockey. Standard.

Barcelona June 2013
Erm...that ride's not for you, Kate.

Barcelona June 2013
The next day was gorgeous and we headed out to see La Sagrada Familia.

Barcelona June 2013

Barcelona June 2013

Barcelona June 2013

Barcelona June 2013

Barcelona June 2013

Barcelona June 2013
Fantastic piece of architecture, we chose a restaurant where we could still enjoy the view.

Barcelona June 2013
I am also going to recommend this restaurant like crazy cos it was so lovely! Kate didn't like it but she drowns her food in salt and is super picky so we're not going to trust her opinion :-P

Barcelona June 2013


It's also got amazing reviews on tripadvisor. The guy serving us spoke amazing English which was very helpful to me and he was absolutely lovely! Imogen loved him as well saying he was 'a beautiful man' which probably had nothing to do with the fact that he called her 'princess'.

Barcelona June 2013
Nothing at all.

Barcelona June 2013
I could not resist this bread basket - so yummy!

Barcelona June 2013
And what is a trip to Spain without sangria?

http://picasion.com/i/1UQUw/

Barcelona June 2013

This pizza was the best thing EVER!After eating more than I should (sue, me, who could leave that pizza behind?) the three of us headed towards the car to chill out in what was left of the sun. It was everything I wanted visiting Kate to be, fun, chilled and full of good conversation!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh this has made me really miss Barcelona, I love it so much there! Hope you had a wonderful time! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete