Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sarah's Bday @ Fig and Olive

Sarah, my oldest most amazing friend, had a birthday recently. I was still ill and missed her party on the Saturday which was gutting but I did manage to get out for her actual birthday-day meal. She organised it for her favourites (of which there are many) at Fig and Olive - a fantastic restaurant in Angel that I cannot recommend enough.

Merle (one of Sarah's amazing friends) and I shared a little bread and cheese board for starters.

I actually had the tuna but I was accidentally given this yummy-looking lamb dish which was for one of Sarah's other friends. I snapped a picture before I handed it over and tucked into my delicious dish of tuna, french beans and salad, I had all the intention of remaining vaguely healthy and not having a dessert...until I saw the cake display.

Who could say no to this AMAZING looking chocolate chip cheesecake. No one in their right mind, that's who. The desserts are amazing at this place - there was a...wait for it...profiterole caramel cheesecake. Go to this place. Just go. Right now.

10 comments:

  1. This looks scrumptious - I love bread,olives and cheese but the cheesecake made me want to pin this for a future eatery when I'm in London!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have taken a picture of the cake section - it was mind-blowing!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh that cheesecake looks incredible. Will definitely pop in next time I'm in Angel xxx

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST! Also - I've left a comment on your blog, if you get a chance to respond to it I'd appreciate it NO END!

      Delete
    2. Heyy :) your blog is lovely and really interesting! (I am going to go read your post on the Harry Potter studio tour after this - I'm trying to persuade my boyfriend to take me to that!)
      I think the main thing I do to promote my blog is comment on lots of other people's blogs and leave them my blog link...which is how I found yours! And I set up a Twitter page which I linked to my blog and tweeted whenever I put new posts up. The other tip I learnt is to make sure you fill in the 'Properties' section of your photos because it makes them show up in Google searches!
      I hope that helps a little bit! :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Wow it all looks so good! Could deffo do with a slice of that cheesecake right now :D x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't we all! Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my good god, the lamb dish full of gravy is literally making my mouth water! This all looks so yummy, I love finding new places to eat. Shame I'm from the North West :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mental note for your next trip to London? :)

      Delete