Friday, July 26, 2013

Cocktail Making Masterclass - Beatone

My Dad celebrated his birthday recently and, Fiona and I decided to organise something a bit different...

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
We organised a cocktail making masterclass with the B@1 in Soho. It was all kinds of awesome.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Greeted with mimosas and flavoured popcorn, we were given the brief history of b@1, I already knew it from the cocktail making class we did for Kate's hen do so I concentrated on the popcorn! Then, we got down to business learning how to do a free pour!

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Then we picked some cocktails we were going to learn to make.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Jay and Dad were up first in a race to make...I forget...oh yeah, a Cuban Pussy...not the greatest joke to be flying around in front of your dad but never mind.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

Dad was victorious in the race but only marginally!

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Next up Liz and Fi were going to make...I really can't remember, but their challenge was to do it working as one.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
And they're off!

http://picasion.com/i/1VKHB/

Doing well!

http://picasion.com/i/1VKHu/


Taste-test! And then it was time for me and Ben. No joviality here. I had my game face on.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
No I'm not reaching for a glass prematurely...

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Game time. I won...obviously, but Ben's drink was deemed the tastier so...I GUESS we can call it a tie...even if the goal was to finish first.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Games being over, the lovely bartenders mixed us up some cocktails of choice and we retired to a reserved seating area.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

So...we had a few drinks to finish, then we grabbed dinner in China Town before heading to Roadhouse for some happy hour drinks and to enjoy the band.

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013
Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

Dad's Bday Cocktail Making July 2013

An absolutely fantastic night that we're still talking about!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun day out! A cocktail making class is on my wish list...hopefully someone will have a hen do soon! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't wait for an excuse! They're only £25 a head and you get plenty of drinks for that as well as plenty of fun! Grab some friends and book it ASAP!

      Delete
  2. Your so darn cute - I love your enjoyment face! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I think you might be looking at my adorable little sister :-)

      Delete