Saturday, July 13, 2013

London Zoo Lates

Everyone must have heard about these by now! Ben took me here for what was, frankly just a fantastic evening. I mean, animals are adorable but add in some good food and pimms and you've got a winning combination! You can find out about it (and book tickets) here. Ben and I met at Baker St and took the scenic route through Regent's Park.

Zoo Lates July 2013

How gorgeous?! I've been promised a boat ride soon. I was already excited to see what zoo lates was all about but my excitement definitely peaked as we drew closer to the Zoo entrance.

Zoo Lates July 2013
Fun! First place I wanted to head to was the food festival, but we got distracted by the Gorilla Kingdom.

Zoo Lates July 2013
This picture does not give you any kind of impression as to how big this beast is! He actually scared me a bit. They were so human, it was a bit like watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes...I was pretty sure he was about to stand up and tell us we were terrible people for standing and staring at him. So Ben, and I moved quickly on our way.

Zoo Lates July 2013
Distracted again on our way to the food festival we saw a tiger!

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013
By the time we saw the camels I was truly starving so I dragged Ben to the food festival.

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013
There was so much choice, pie, paella, hog roast, indian, burgers...Ben and I walked back and forth for a while before opting for chorizo ciabattas.

Zoo Lates July 2013
And sat and watched some monkeys. After devouring our sausages in record time we headed towards the penguins...I wasn't too fussed, last time I was at the zoo I didn't enjoy the penguins, but it didn't take long for me to change my mind.

Zoo Lates July 2013

This little guy was falling asleep!

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013
After the penguins we were definitely ready for a drink

Zoo Lates July 2013

And we knew what drink was practically obligatory in this kind of spectacular weather.

Zoo Lates July 2013
It was Pimm's o'clock by my watch!

Zoo Lates July 2013
Time for more animals!

Zoo Lates July 2013
I kept Ben by the otters for ages - these two were play fighting, it was so entertaining.

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013

Zoo Lates July 2013

We spent about five minutes watching these snakes eat a rat...it was insane!

Zoo Lates July 2013
We hit the comedy den and saw a few other animals along the way before we decided to head home. Now, me and Ben started a thing where, when we go to something, we buy a magnet. So when we were in the zoo shop, I picked out a magnet I absolutely fell in love with!

Zoo Lates July 2013
Meet Bearington! I have such a weakness for little cuddly things so I was crazy about this little guy the whole way home. I think Ben regretted buying it almost immediately, and then he had to suffer as Bearington explored the London underground....

Zoo Lates July 2013
Zoo Lates July 2013
Zoo Lates July 2013
Zoo Lates July 2013
Haha! But seriously - the Zoo lates are very much fun! Just remember to respect the animals!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I can't believe I didn't see you there haha!
    I'm jealous you saw some Tigers when we went by we couldn't spot a single one and all the Lions were sleeping too!
    Great post :)
    Kloe xx
    haveacupofteawithkloe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting images. Love that gorilla and giraffe.

    ReplyDelete