Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Because we're grown-ups

My 28th birthday is round the corner...it's pretty scary. 28 is officially your 'late twenties', and you know you've only got a couple more years til 30. 28 was also the age that, when I was 16 or 17, I would think, yeah I'd like to have kids around 28. Now that I'm up here I can tell you kids are not even vaguely on my agenda. I'm pretty content with where I am in my life. And on Sunday, I did something that made me feel very grown up - Ben and I had people over for a nice dinner.

Our First Roast Sept 2013
We've had people over for dinner before but this was six people in total, which adds a challenging aspect to cooking. It was also the first time I had made a roast...and to be fair Ben did most of that but I did help! And I made yorkshire puddings!

Our First Roast Sept 2013
It wasn't a flawless roast but I have to say I was pretty damn happy about it! And I did feel very grown up!

Our First Roast Sept 2013

Our First Roast Sept 2013

Our First Roast Sept 2013
Our First Roast Sept 2013
Our First Roast Sept 2013
I can't take credit for the crumble - Kate made that and it was delicious! I haven't included any recipes because, if I'm honest, I think we're a little far off from perfecting the roast dinner! Everyone enjoyed their meal (or at least claimed they did) and there wasn't much left over so I'll take that as a good sign!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. You have me drooling over here....nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete