Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pesto Salmon with Green Beans


38e29584-d0e8-46b0-8753-72229ca9b84a
Yummmmm! I have gone exercise crazy lately. The Half Marathon is done but the Tough Mudder is next Saturday. I am torn between resting up and last minute training - but either way, there's not much time left for cooking and as such, I've taken to eating very badly, grabbing easy food instead. So, the other day I whipped out my Jamie's Ministry of Food cookbook and found a super easy recipe.

You will need:
Salmon fillet
green beans
green pesto
lemon
olive oil

And I had it with home made chips, which require potatoes! If you're going to have chips do those first.

Untitled
Three medium potatoes will do enough for two. Chop them into chip shapes (half them, half them, then half them again).
Untitled
And shove them in a pot of boiling water with a bit of salt.

Untitled
They don't need more than ten minutes if they're as small as mine - I spooned them out using a utensil whose purpose has always escaped me...unless it's exactly for this purpose in which case I am clearly aware.

Untitled
Shove them in a baking tray, drizzle some oil over them, shake about and sprinkle a little salt over them, shove in your preheated to 180 degrees (c) and move onto the green beans!

Untitled
Boil for 5 minutes in salted water. Get some foil and rip of sheets that can be folded over and then be able to wrap around a little package of salmon.

Untitled

Drain the beans and place them on the foil.

Untitled
Salmon goes on top - skin down.

Untitled
Then smother in your pesto!
Untitled

Untitled
The brand I used was really good. I recommend.
Untitled
Squeeze over some lemon - Jamie said to use a whole lemon (aka squeezing half a lemon over each) but I just used a half lemon for both.

Untitled
Done? Now for the fun part! Wrap your parcels!

Untitled
And shove them in the oven with your chips. I cooked it for about 20 minutes but Jamie recommended 15, though it does depend on the size of your salmon fillets.
Untitled
Check they're cooked!

Untitled
Chips should be browned...I got a bit impatient so ate them like this.

Untitled
Dish up! Serve with remaining lemon slices, squeeze them over, amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment