Sunday, September 22, 2013

Plum Tree Cottage

I completed the Tough Mudder in Wales yesterday - I've written a blog post about it, including a complete obstacle breakdown and my take on the whole thing but I want to get hold of some of the fabulous pictures my friends took whilst the rest of us muddled through before it goes up.

In the mean time I'll tell you about where we stayed. Ben suggested we all rent a cottage for the weekend instead of staying in the Premier Inn 12 miles away from the course site. After a few false starts, six of us rented Plum Tree Cottage.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Between six of us, this cottage cost £60 a head for three nights, we only stayed for two but it was still much cheaper than the hotel. We managed to walk to Tough Mudder, though I don't recommend that since we walked a mile along a road with no paths. Nightmare. On the walk back we walked up a very long, very steep, hill...not what you want after 12 miles of Tough Muddering. Cottage was an amazing choice though. We chilled outside of our course running with home cooked meals, TV and card games. It was amazing. Maybe next time we'll do a cottage rental without the ridiculously hard sporting event!

No comments:

Post a Comment