Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prezzo Working Lunch

My social life has taken a bit of a nose dive as I have a half-marathon this Sunday and my first Tough Mudder in less than three weeks so really, if my evening isn't some kind of training, then I'm generally insisting I need my rest and chilling in front of a movie. Not very blog-worthy. As such, I have to resort to telling you about a working lunch I had with the girls from my office and one who has left but who we still hold onto!

Prezzo Sept 2013
Prezzo Sept 2013
We lucked out with the weather and, as Kiran has pointed out three times already today, I'm now a little pink in the face.

Prezzo Sept 2013
I opted for the 'Lunch set menu' - starter and a main for a tenner. The starter I chose, grilled goat's cheese, was amazing. I love goat's cheese :-)

Prezzo Sept 2013
Kiran went with a salad which she said was lovely - recommended, the chicken (pollo) one.

Prezzo Sept 2013
Prezzo Sept 2013
Janet was not overly impressed with her meal - not very forthcoming on the meatball front. Sad times.

Prezzo Sept 2013
I got the pizza vesuvio, which left a lot to be desired. A little too greasy and...a bit bland. I have leftovers in the fridge for lunch so hopefully it's better cold...

Prezzo Sept 2013
Sundeep went for salmon pasta, I've whatsapped her to see what she thought of it (she said it wasn't amazing). Lorna was the other side of the table from me and everyone was a bit baffled by my taking pictures of their meals so I didn't go out of my way to get a picture of hers...

Shame, I've eaten at the Prezzo in Reading loads and loved it so maybe it's this particular branch but overall, the food wasn't great. A tenner for two courses though is pretty good during the week - also, buy one get one half price on mains is available with a code off their website. Click here. Though it's only available at some branches so check yours :-)

UPDATE: Lorna enjoyed her salmon salad - so maybe if you're going the salads are the way forward!

4 comments:

  1. OOOooh is it the Nike half marathon your running? Can't wait to hear about that and tough mudder :)
    I always enjoy salad's more at those kinda places, shame really as a good pizza can't be beaten! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Run to the Beat one in Greenwich! I'd be more excited about it if I had been training more but more worried about tough mudder so more strength training that anything these days!

      Delete
  2. Can't go much wrong with that sunshine !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos ;)

    http://closertotheedgeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete