Monday, September 16, 2013

Saatchi and The Diner

On Saturday, me and Ben took ourselves out for the day. I've been dying to see the Saatchi gallery since I about it on The Londoner. It says a lot about how busy I've been that Rosie's post was put up in May...and I only got round to it in September, but nevertheless, I finally got there. And good to see that the art changes frequently as it's an amazing museum!

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013


The Saatchi Gallery is full of contemporary art, they aim to promote mostly unknown artists, as such, as is usually the case for me with modern art, some of it was amazing and some of it I just refused to acknowledge as 'art'. But mostly it's amazing, and excitingly, the exhibits change so I'm planning to go again and again - cos it's FREE! Bonus.

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

And if the art isn't enough to entice you...the chance to celebrity spot might. As Ben and I checked out the final floor, who should be perusing the same art as us but Christian Bale. Batman himself. I NEVER see celebrities, I think it's my own fault for never being very observant. Thankfully, Ben spotted him and I shamelessly went back for a peek. We didn't bother him though as he was with his family.

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013

Still buzzing from our celeb sighting Ben and I walked the short distance to Gloucester Road. I had been hankering for a pancake breakfast for a week so we hit The Diner.

Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Saatchi and The Diner Sept 2013
Lumberjack breakfasts for two! Amazing Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhmygod those pancakes look insanely good! Sorry i know i should be more excited by the art....but i mean come on those pancakes basically are art! Xxx

    ReplyDelete