Monday, October 14, 2013

Sharm El Sheikh Part Two

Ugh - winter is definitely round the corner. I read somewhere we're expecting 'record snow storms' in November. Joyful, joyful. Anyway, this is a perfect time for me to reflect on my sunny sunny holiday.

Egypt October 2013

Sunday, deciding to have something a bit different for dinner to rice and meat, Ben and I walked the 50 yards to the English pub next door and ordered a couple of roasts.

Egypt October 2013

The Scottish woman that owns the pub is absolutely lovely. And the food was delicious!

Egypt October 2013

We went back there another time as well for some baguettes. Lovely pub! On Monday night, our hotel offered a Bedouin night.

Egypt October 2013
This is the couple that told us about Farsha and their underwater camera. Lovely people, this was their third time back to the hotel. The Bedouin night had us all sat on cushions, eating lentil soup, flat bread and kebabs. And watching a pretty awesome show!

Egypt October 2013

Egypt October 2013

Egypt October 2013

Egypt October 2013
There was a lot of audience participation. I got up for the belly dancer and politely declined participating in the rest of the show, not my usual attitude as I love to get involved but I was in the mood to watch everything.

Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013

Yup. That's broken glass.

Egypt October 2013

...and nails. Crazy night. One of the things I wanted to do in Egypt was go to the Old Market. I pictured something like when Jasmine goes to the market in Aladdin, but it wasn't much like that and I don't think you'd need more than an hour to walk around, the hassle from shop vendors gets a bit exhausting. Ben and I asked the taxi to come back in an hour and a half and we ended up a little bored, an hour would be plenty.

Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013

The other thing Ben and I did, which I completely recommend, is the Aqua Park.

Photos of Aqua Blue Water Park, Sharm El Sheikh
This photo of Aqua Blue Water Park is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Photos of Aqua Blue Water Park, Sharm El Sheikh
This photo of Aqua Blue Water Park is courtesy of TripAdvisor
This slide was the most terrifying!

Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013

We had the best day. It was so quiet we didn't have to queue even slightly for any of the slides so we went again and again! The photos above of me and Ben were taken by the park, they have some photographers and the pictures are £1 (10LE) each, five minimum, and they'll put them on a disk for you. Awesome. Here's the other one.

Egypt October 2013

You can check out the park on tripadvisor if you want to know more.

Egypt October 2013

So, that was our holiday!

Egypt October 2013

Did I mention our hotel had poolside beds?

Egypt October 2013
Egypt October 2013

Ah bliss.

8 comments:

  1. I'm really tired and cold this morning so those poolside beds look darn appealing to me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I can't believe that was real glass... that must have been sooo crazy to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so was! He actually smashed a beer bottle in front of us to add to it, craaaazy man!

      Delete
  3. You know where else is sunny and warm....? TEXAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As in....come and visit me right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos :) looks like you had an amazing time!

    http://englishroseuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete