Friday, December 20, 2013

Boulters

Christmas is chaos. I haven't had time to sit and write in ages and I've got plenty to be writing about. But I decided since December is the month of over eating, I would post about one of the more spectacular meals I've had lately.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013
This is the view from Boulters. It would probably be a bit nicer in Summer, but the enjoyment of seeing the miserable weather from a warm restaurant eating delicious food and enjoying red wine has it's plus points too.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

This was our little UK based Legal Team Christmas Lunch. Wow. That was a mouthful. Sadly I'm leaving my current job for a more Senior position (wooooohooooo), and so I am making the most of the time I have left with my current team as I literally love them more than you should love the people you throw work at.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Except Kiran. I won't miss her at all (mwahahahahaha). :-P Love you really, Kiran.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Three out of five of us fell for the daily menu. Honestly, for a restaurant with two Michelin rosettes, a twenty pound lunch menu is SUCH a deal. Bring on the starters:

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013


The goats cheese starter was as good as it sounded...better in fact. I tried so hard to pace myself but I ate all of it.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Risotto for Kiran, which was heavenly...I also had a few bites of it.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Bread for the table, naturellement.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

And we bullied Amar into having the ham hock pate so we could have a bite. Also a big YUM.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Roll on mains. The pork was stupendous. So so delicious in this amazing gravy/sauce thing.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Kiran had lamb which she reported was also divine. I didn't try it as I was busy demolishing my food.

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

And the token male on our team ordered a steak. Obviously.


Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

Souffle!

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

And simply the most amazing thing in the world, this tart number. Almond ice cream also, is a complete revelation to me. I literally loved this food so much. Everyone did. A very happy team!

Boulters Work Christmas Dec 2013

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Christmas is definitely a time for over-eating!

    Congrats on the job! What a way to celebrate too (although sadly leaving your old team) the food looks incredible.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete