Monday, December 23, 2013

Genesis

The website is crappy and I could not, for the life of me, work out how to book tickets online, but Genesis Cinema in Whitechapel (hehe, monopoly board) is awesome. Studio 5 baby. It's all about Studio 5.

Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
There's a bar upstairs that seems to also have a small stage for bands and a pie bar. We didn't linger since Saving Mr. Banks was not far from starting and we had the bottle of wine we were after, so we headed down to Studio 5 fully expecting awesomeness.

Untitled
We were not disappointed.

Untitled
Untitled
The seats are comfy heaven, made up of a combo of sofas and single armchairs. You have your own table for your drink and snacks (in our case, red wine and pick and mix, a fabulous combination), you have a footstool which opens up so you can put your bag/coat/scarf in it, and...the piece de resistance - you get a BLANKET! Genesis. You win. I didn't even mind having to trek across London to get there.

Also, Saving Mr. Banks, good film. Really enjoyed it and will be purchasing as soon as it's out.

2 comments:

  1. Have they had a redesign recently? I went there about 5 years ago when I worked at QMUL and it was so shoddy - seats missing, sticky floors, and they confiscated our sweets! Looks really good now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I'm afraid! It doesn't sound like what you said though... But then I only went to studio 5 so I can't be sure. Annoying about the sweets though :-(

      Delete