Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mo' Running

November is behind us now, but just before we slid gleefully into Christmas month, myself and some other similarly brave people, took part in the Greenwich MoRunning 10k!

Movember Nov 2013
I don't really need to say this, but it was FREEZING! We all shivered in our coats before finally dumping them on our spectators (slash the lovely people who came to cheer us on) and getting involved in the most disorganised warm up ever! Honestly, we just jumped around a lot and waved our arms because we couldn't see the leader!

Movember Nov 2013
We donned our MoRunning sweatbands and fake moustaches...and we were READY!

Movember Nov 2013
Clearly our speed was such that we couldn't be captured by camera!

Movember Nov 2013
We soon lost each other round the course. Alex with his long legs and natural athletic abilities disappeared leaving nothing but a cloud-shaped version of himself behind! Look at him on the left here - happy as a clam.

Movember Nov 2013

Behind him somewhat, was me! Putting on a brave face for the camera and waving (towards the back). Now, anyone who runs around Greenwich park, or took part in Run to the Beat, knows the horrible hill...I hated it when I had to run up it on the 12th mile of Run to the Beat. Well, this lovely little 10k had us run up it TWICE.

Movember Nov 2013
Unimpressed? Damn straight! But, miraculously, I managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other, both times, and we all completed it to collect the BEST medal I have ever won!

Movember Nov 2013
It was also the best time I've ever managed to do!

Untitled
That's only a few seconds over a nine minute mile! A huge accomplishment for me!

Movember Nov 2013
Happy to be done, we all wrapped back up in layers and headed home for showers...we had quite the night ahead of us to celebrate Alex and Chris' bday...no pictures of that I'm afraid, too busy drinking!

Movember Nov 2013
Chris knows what I'm talking about.

5 comments:

  1. 56.26...Awesome - HIGH 5!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome! We'll dine for that time as well, really good!

    You oddly suit a mustache haha

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tragically I agree...I do somehow pull off a moustache. Not a good thing...

      Delete
  3. Well done you guys!

    Love from Marbella.

    http://busyburt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete