Monday, December 9, 2013

The Rum Kitchen

I've wanted to go to the Rum Kitchen ever since it was posted about on The Londoner, luckily, Sarah presented me with an opportunity earlier this week!

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013
Rum Kitchen Dec 2013
Rum Kitchen Dec 2013
The cocktails were indeed, delicious, I went with the Rattlesnake Punch on Rosie's suggestion and it was awesome! Everyone else enjoyed their cocktails, though we grumbled at the price to size ratio...

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013
Rum Kitchen Dec 2013
Rum Kitchen Dec 2013

We ordered a few starters to share. The ribs, the saltfish fritters, and the chicken wings. The resounding favourite was the ribs. Ohmygod, they were just so very very delicious. The chicken wings were good too, and I wasn't the biggest fan of the fritters myself, but they were fine.

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013

Featured in the mains were the fish...

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013

the chicken burger...

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013

And the coconut and pumpkin curry. Now, the curry may not be a pretty picture, but it was delicious. I was so full from the starters but I still munched a fair amount through it, it was so good! Ben reports that his chicken burger was fine. The fish disappeared too quickly and I forgot to ask. We ordered more cocktails and chatted. The boys were tempted to order dessert but sadly no one came to our table to ask if we'd like to see the menu...by the time we flagged someone down for our bill we'd decided that, though the food was really good, for the most part, the service was pretty bad. The waiters were nice enough but they're not attentive at all. We had to flag them down and they didn't bring our side orders at all.

Rum Kitchen Dec 2013

So, I recommend you go when you have plenty of time and don't mind waiting a while. I won't be hurrying back but I probably would go again. 

4 comments:

  1. I really liked The Rum Kitchen when I went. Their cocktails were yummy! I definitely need to pop back soon.

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about the service! The food can be amazing, but it's not nice to feel uncomfortable in a restaurant.

    Having said that, it all looks delicious!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete