Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kettners

Ben and I had an awesome little date night! It started with dinner at one of my favourite restaurants in London, Kettners.

Kettners Jan 2014
The food is simply amazing, I'm pretty sure it's a French restaurant...I'm going by the fact they have beef bourginon on the menu so I may well be wrong! Regardless, it's awesome. And if you have a tastecard then it's 50% off (except Friday and Saturday) which makes it a proper bargain!

Kettners Jan 2014

We ordered a couple of glasses of red wine (French, bien-sur) and perused the menu.

Kettners Jan 2014

I had the game terrine which was very enjoyable.

Kettners Jan 2014

Ben had onion soup which I think he enjoyed, though it was not how I described it to him (I had it once in France and the top was literally COVERED in cheese).

Kettners Jan 2014

Then Ben had the burger while I had the beef bourginon...though unfortunately I must have been too busy eating it to take a picture of it so...apologies for that. We then went to see Mojo which was a FANTASTIC show. It's not on for very long so do catch it if you can. It's fantastically performed and I found that sitting in stalls in restricted view seats (there's a small pillar) means your tickets are cheaper, but you can more or less see everything!
It's also got an impressive cast list Rupert Grint (Mr Ron Weasley himself), Ben Whishaw (you may have seen him as Q in Skyfall) and Colin Morgan (seen Merlin? him!). They're all really awesome in it. And the other cast members are fantastic too. See it. Do it.

2 comments: