Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Big Easy

Ben's been wanting to go to this place for ages so, before Christmas, Sarah booked us a table (as otherwise it's hard to get a decent time) and Thursday, we went there, finally!

The Big Easy Jan 2014

After navigating some seriously packed-in chairs and tables downstairs to our own little corner area, we purused the menu. Thursday at the Big Easy is Steak and Lobster night. For only £19.95 you can get steak and lobster with a frozen margarita or a cold beer. The boys obviously plumped for this option.

The Big Easy Jan 2014

Sarah had lobster only...

The Big Easy Jan 2014

And I'd heard good things about the ribs so, even though it wasn't all you can eat BBQ (available on Mondays), I had to order a small rack.

The Big Easy Jan 2014

For desserts we shared waffles and cheesecake.

The Big Easy Jan 2014
The Big Easy Jan 2014

So - good things, the food was, for the most part, good. The steaks were amazing (I had a bite) and the lobster was good. I was a little disappointed with my ribs, the ones I'd had at the Rum Kitchen were definitely better. These were lacking in flavour.

The Big Easy Jan 2014

You are pretty rammed in - and the music is louder than in most restaurants which we didn't expect and which made chatting a bit difficult. It didn't help that we were right next the stage (live music was a nice bonus) and right under a speaker, though the music was good.

The Big Easy Jan 2014

I had a pineapple mojito, which wasn't great...it got better after a little while and constant stirring but I was a little disappointed.

The Big Easy Jan 2014

And Sarah wasn't too fussed with her frozen margarita. But on the whole, it wasn't bad - I think we just fell for the hype and expected it to be amazing! I probably wouldn't go back unless it was for Monday all-you-can-eat-BBQ...but that;s just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment