Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Crêpe Day

How did everyone enjoy pancake day? I never normally subscribe to it, it passes by unheeded. But this year, for some reason, I got caught up in the hype and decided, not to make pancakes, but to make crêpes.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

I love a French twist. So, Ben had had a hard day running up 42 flights of stairs to raise money for Shelter, so his dinner came first. Ben likes proper pancakes, but I'd made crêpe batter, so I did what I could.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Hmm, it doesn't look like much but Ben appreciated it. So that's what counts. I decided I would have a savoury crêpe for dinner, followed by a sweet crêpe for dessert. I know, genius.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

So, crêpe done first and put to one side, then we fry up some mushroom and spinach.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Place it in the middle of the crêpe.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Add some cheese, I went with emmenthal because it's my favourite.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

A-yum.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

I even managed to fold it up all nicely.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

And added more cheese, mwahahhaahhaha!

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Then I added bacon, because I could.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Dessert crêpes were the classic lemon and sugar. I was so pleased with how these turned out. I had to have two.

Pancake Day Mar 2014

Even looking at this makes me wonder if I have enough eggs left to make some more...

1 comment:

  1. I always make a cheese sauce with bacon, spinach and mushrooms for our savoury crepes! Definitely a good combination.

    ReplyDelete