Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Paris - Day One

So, the Tuesday preceding Paris marathon, my physio confirmed what I had suspected in the week, I wouldn't be running. After my 22 mile training run I tried a couple of shorter 'tapering' runs and couldn't get further than a mile without a shooting pain in my knee...so the marathon was a no-go. I was a little bit sad that months of training would be without reward, but with the crowd going to Paris, I wasn't sad for too long...

Paris April 2014

We started as we meant to go on, with bubbles on the Eurostar. We were that crowd that we've all hated at some point on a train or plane. The only ones chatting, laughing and cheering when the cork went.

Paris April 2014

Having polished off a fair few bottles, arrived in Paris, grabbed a quick lunch at the only place serving food at 4pm, and napped - we headed out to a French bistrot called A la Biche au Bois where we enjoyed four courses of some pretty awesome French food.

Paris April 2014

With plenty of wine, obvs.

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

Paris April 2014

When asking the waiter which way round we should do the cheese/dessert course he told us the order the French do it: "We have the main, the cheese, then dessert, then coffee, then alcohol, then...we have sex." Well, ok then. When in Paris!

2 comments:

  1. This looks far more fun that 26.2!!! & your training did not go to waste..you ran 22miles, that's still a massive feat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! But I'm going to have to go back to the training and enter another one to get the accomplishment! BTW - saw your toffee cheesecake recipe...amazing. Going to have to try it!

      Delete