Wednesday, August 20, 2014

London Film and Comic Convention

This all seems like a lifetime ago now...I have been so uber busy that I never post anymore and THAT HAS TO CHANGE. I love my little online scrap book - it's so fun to look back at what I've been up to lately...so here I go trying to be better!

Ben's sister came to London and we went to this Comic Covention in London...nerdy, indeed. But necessary, hell yes!

Comic Convention July 2014


Comic Convention July 2014

There were, as expected, many comic books available for purchase, but there were also many celebrities!!

Comic Convention July 2014

This is the best picture of Summer Glau that I was able to get before the security guard behind her gave me a stern wag of the finger. I know her (and love her) from Serenity, such a good film!

Comic Convention July 2014

Tell me you've seen Airplane! Ohmygoodness it is one of my favourite films and I still can't help snickering everytime I go to an airport and I hear 'there is no stopping in the white zone.' If you don't get that, watch it, and you will. Anyway, Mr Robert Hays himself was there!
Comic Convention July 2014

Yup - there he is! There was also the guy who played R2-D2, a whole bunch of people from Game of Thrones that I didn't recognize because I've never seen it (I know, shocker) with the exception of Lena Headey who I knew from Dredd and 300. Also saw the girl from Step Up 3D, I may have been the only one excited by that...and Milo from Heroes. Very exciting! I love a good celeb spot and it never happens to me!

Comic Convention July 2014

Little Sherlock set-up...

Comic Convention July 2014

Now, I didn't dress up, some did though and provided the rest of us with MUCH entertainment! These guys are 'Judges' from Dredd, another amazing film.

Comic Convention July 2014

I managed to snap a quick shot of Spiderman and Darth Vader having a lightsaber fight...I don't remember that in Star Wars...

Comic Convention July 2014

And some Transformers vehicles! Ben and I left with these art prints we enjoyed...we haven't got round to framing them yet so they're joining a vast collection of things to be hanged when we eventually ask the landlord if we can put nails in the walls...ah the joys of renting.



Additional note: I just saw on their website that this is back October! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment