Monday, April 27, 2015

Forza Win - Spring Chicken

About four months after the Forza Win-ter, the Forza Winners (yeah, I'm going to go ahead and call us that) signed ourselves up for Forza's spring event, whose main event was chicken.

Forza Win Apr 2015

Completely honestly, we were not as impressed with this event as we were with the (frankly) phenomenal fonduta we went to at Christmas. But it was tasty enough. We started with a complimentary cocktail.

Forza Win Apr 2015

I'm not really sure what it was but Ben and I handed over ours to Steph, who seemed to actually enjoy it. So, at least one of us did.

Forza Win Apr 2015

The terrine was actually amazing. I could have literally eaten it all night - sadly, these portions were between the six of us on the end of the table, which was about a good amount for an appetiser.

Forza Win Apr 2015

We went with the least expensive of the three options for red wine...which reminds me, note to self: next time upgrade. This wine was fine but...I wasn't a huge fan of it personally.

Forza Win Apr 2015

Our chicken was mercifully the first to arrive!

Forza Win Apr 2015

As others looked to our dinner with envy (as rightly they should as it was a good ten minutes before anyone elses chicken arrived), we appointed Chris as Chief Carver, and a good job he did as well. Tucking into the chicken, and watching potatoes disappear from under it, we pretty much picked the carcass clean, about in time for the veggies to appear and have nothing to be on the side of!

Forza Win Apr 2015

Forza Win Apr 2015

The blackened leeks disappeared fairly rapidly...it may be obvious.

Forza Win Apr 2015

And we happily nibbed on the purple sprouted broccoli.

Forza Win Apr 2015

Rhubarb and custard was our sweet ending...

Well, I won't be leaping to go to the next Forza event but, it entirely depends on the cuisine. I wouldn't buy into my opinion here too much, I'm not much of a roast dinner person. Everything was well prepared and tasty and we all left happy enough...I just hope the next event involves pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment