Sunday, April 12, 2015

Swingers - Mini Golf...nothing else.

This was about a month ago now, but did you hear about the mini golf course they set up in Shoreditch? Ben let me know about it some time before Christmas, and of course, I wanted to go. I love mini golf, so combine it with cocktails and I'm sold. We went to book it, only to find that it was almost entirely booked up so...it had to February for us. When it rolled around I was pretty excited to go.

Swingers February 2015

Walking off the main road, past a backstreet to find this place was a little eventful...a drunken man and some builders were having a bit of a tuffle, I was glad it wasn't quite night yet, but, round a corner and we found the door! We were about 10 minutes early for our booked time slot so we were a little surprised when the woman behind the desk offered us a slot for one hour after we arrived. We may have missed a detail in an email about that, but, shrugging off the extra time, we went and grabbed a drink.

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

It was done out like a bit of a clubhouse, lots of green and wood and sofas.

Swingers February 2015

It was definitely busy and some people had gone all out with the theme...

Swingers February 2015

Ben and I happily soaked up the atmosphere and about 10 minutes before our time slot, we joined a pretty slow moving queue for the golf.

Swingers February 2015


Swingers February 2015

So, as you can see, it was pretty busy. Ben and took our turn and then waited for our turn for the next hole. We most definitely did more waiting than queueing, fortunately, they've got people running around asking you if you'd like more drinks, though they would also cheekily cut across the holes...they're lucky they didn't get in the way when I was playing or I'd be livid...I'm competitive after all. So don't interfere with the game. The course itself was exactly what you'd expect of a mini golf course, nothing particularly original.

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Swingers February 2015

Ben and I had a good time and I won, obviously. I don't think I'd go to another mini golf event though...I'd stick to my less hip versions with smaller queues because, quite frankly, I'm a nerd and I take mini golf a bit too seriously... The event has been and gone now but, if you fancy giving it a go, here's the website! http://swingersldn.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to go here, didn't realise it was just a pop up though and sadly it's closed now :( x

    ReplyDelete