Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Viva Las Vegas

I went to Vegas for 10 days. When I tell people this, I tend to get the same response;
"Ten days?! That's a long time for Vegas."
Now, each to their own, of course, Vegas is maybe not for everyone, but personally, I am big on Vegas, officially. And 10 days was not enough to do everything we wanted to do and I would go back in a heartbeat, and for another 10 (or 14) days.

Vegas has a lot to offer. You don't HAVE to gamble, (though it is fun to have a throw of the dice at a craps table) no, there are alternatives. You can have a day by the pool, you can see a show, you can go touring around the INSANE hotels, you can take in a show, you can ride the rides, you can shop, you can eat (ohmygosh the food), and, if you are so inclined, you can be cultural and head out to Zion National Park or see the Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam.

Vegas June 2016

We, however. did it the standard Vegas way. Which brings me to the reason for the Vegas trip! My dear old Dad has reached the milestone age of 60! And to celebrate, he dragged some of his nearest and dearest to the Strip for plenty of fun and good cheer. Let's start with his actual birthday day, schemed and planned and kept extremely secret by myself, Fiona and Liz.

We kicked off with a civilised breakfast. The sensible way to start the day.

Vegas July 2016

Or not.

Vegas July 2016

Vegas July 2016

Vegas July 2016

Bloody mary's, mimosas, pancakes, themed sunglasses, inflatables and cake were the order of the day. And before noon as well...it set the pace for what was an absolutely fantastic day.

Vegas July 2016

Is that party bus ours? You're damn right it is. Two hours of cruising down the strip and around the hotels while drinking and dancing to our own playlist? Amazing. I would fully recommend this bus-load of fun to anyone (link here).

Vegas June 2016

Vegas July 2016

After these shenanigans we were dropped off at the Stratosphere hotel where we shot up to their Sky Lounge for happy hour, so we could enjoy cocktails and discounted nibbles while enjoying being higher than the helicopters!

Vegas July 2016

By the time happy hour had come to an end and we'd made a few (or lost a few) bucks at the craps, roulette and blackjack tables, we stumbled over to Gilley's to play out the rest of our evening.

Vegas July 2016

I don't feel the need to share the rest of the pictures from this evening as...well, it's clear we started drinking at 11am. Oh ok, just one.

Vegas July 2016

You see my point.

Ok, I can't cover everything we did in Vegas as it would take far too long but here are some of the highlights.

Vegas July 2016

Vegas July 2016

Breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris hotel. And have a bloody mary, this is where I realised I loved bloody marys. I ended up having breakfast here three times. It was phenomenal.


Vegas July 2016

Visit Old Vegas. Plenty of crazy people here but it's just so cool to see.

Vegas July 2016

Take in a show (or two or three). We saw Human Nature's "Jukebox" show. It was absolutely fantastic and I would fully recommend this to everyone.

Vegas July 2016

Have a flutter. Gambler or not, learning craps is worth doing, you don't have to bet big on the machines and it's good fun as a game!

Vegas July 2016

Duelling pianos in New York, New York - love this bar. The music is amazing and the atmosphere is great. Get there before 9/10 to avoid a cover charge!

Vegas July 2016

Did I say breakfast at the Paris? Seriously.

Vegas July 2016

Top Golf at the MGM may not be for everyone...it certainly wasn't for me! But the pool was worth the trip in itself.


Vegas July 2016


Vegas July 2016

Absinthe...a show that may be enjoyed by fans of the "Family Guy" show. The jokes are inappropriate and at times, outright weird. The show is great though. Well worth seeing. Don't sit near the front if you can't take a serious mocking.

Vegas July 2016

See the bellagio fountains, at night. There is music and it is spectacular.

Vegas July 2016

Play beer pong! Do as the Americans do! (This was Rock Bar).

Vegas July 2016
Finally, take your friends! Vegas is fun in a group, the bigger the better, and it's easy to keep in touch with everyone now that all the hotels have free wifi. Don't put too much pressure on trying to stick together, it's too much effort and it's meant to be a holiday, but it's fun to meet up often, even if it's just at a regular roulette wheel!

I know there's plenty I didn't cover here because there is plenty more I want to do in Vegas, and I crossed some Vegas activities off my list the last time I was out there. Make a list before you go so you know what you want to do but don't worry about it too much. So long as you have breakfast at the Paris you'll be OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment